Eligibility for Master’s Programme
Applicants should be/have:
- Nepali nationals
- between the ages of 25 and 40 (both inclusive) as of April 1st, 2024.(Should be born between April 2nd, 1983 and April 1st, 1999)
- a Bachelor’s Degree. (Those who will apply to Kyushu University and Keio University must have a bachelor’s degree in law)
- at least 3 years of work experience in Civil Service at the time of application.
- gazetted civil servants governed by Civil Service Act of Nepal, currently employed by the following organizations.
- all ministries
- all agencies under ministries
- all constitutional bodies
- all other institutions and authorities
- all courts
or civil servants (Level 7 and above) originally recruited by the federal government and deputed/adjusted to 7 provincial and 753 local governments.
- a strong will to work for the development of Nepal after their return home.
- in good health.
- English language proficiency sufficiently fluent for studying in Japan.
Applicants should not be/have:
- serving in the military.
- previously acquired a master’s degree after studying abroad on a scholarship awarded by the Government of Nepal or any other development partners.
- currently receiving, or planning to receive, another scholarship to acquire a master or doctoral degree through the assistance by the Government of Nepal or any other development partners.