MILESTONES OF APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Obtaining Approval of Acceptance from Your Academic Advisor (October 2022 – January 2023)
- Contact your expected academic advisor of the applying university in Japan, discuss about your study plan, and request him/her to send an “Academic Referee Report” (Prescribed Form 3) directly to JDS Office in Tokyo via email before the deadline of application.
Preparing and Submitting the Application Documents
- Prepare your application documents carefully. See “How to Prepare Your Application Documents” in the Guideline for further details.
- Submit application documents to the JDS Project Office in El Salvador. The deadline for applications is on Friday January 27th 2023. If delayed, application documents will be invalid and will NOT be accepted.
Medical Check up
- Applicants will be required to take a medical checkup at a designated hospital.
Selection by JDS Operating Committee (March 2023)
- Interview will be conducted by JDS Operating Committee (OC) members.
- In case when the total number of applicants will be more than three (3) persons, the application documents will be assessed by the OC before the interview.
Examination by the Applying Universities (June – September 2023)
- Candidates must take examinations of the applying universities. The arrangement for the examinations will be assisted by the JDS Office in Japan.
- Candidate who successfully pass the examination of the applying university will be considered to be JDS fellow.
Orientation and Departure (July – September 2023)
- The JDS fellow will participate in the orientation before departure in July -August 2023, and leave for Japan in the middle of August 2026.